Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy On The Eyes

        Reading is hard.  You have to decode a language, process the information, and then (hopefully) find some meaning in it.  Honestly, it sounds terrible.  I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.  Now looking at pictures...that's a little bit easier.  So anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures from these past couple months that haven't made it into my other posts.  Of course, there'll be more words (and headaches!) coming soon.

This is Boseong, the land of green tea.

And here are the green tea fields.  No kidding, that's the first umbrella I've ever had.  

Watching from the woods.  Not creepy at all...

An old lady working the fields.

An old tractor working the fields.

I guess the point is there are lots of fields.

My classroom.  Smile, everybody!

You don't really see this in American schools.

In Jangheung, the closest city-ish place to me (forty minutes by bus).  Around fifty thousand people live here.

At the Jangheung market.  It was like three square blocks full of this.  I had no idea what I was doing there, and neither did this little girl.

The river that divides Jangheung.

And now we're in Seoul.  I think I was supposed to cross this street.  I chose to take a picture instead.

Seoul ice cream tower?

This is Wando, a small beach town in the south.  Met up with a bunch of my orientation group for a relaxing weekend.

We found a jellyfish!  Jellyfish look surprisingly disgusting.

Climbing a hill in Wando, on our way to a tower.

And here's the tower.  Fun fact: It's the 9th biggest building in the world.  OK, fine, it's actually only four stories tall.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment